Thursday, April 19, 2012

Salvaged and Sewn...and bagpipes!

This past weekend I said au revoir to my dear friend Jenanne as she returned to Aberdeen for school. I gave her a "Quiver bag" to remember me by and today I received some lovely photos of the bag back from her. Check 'em out!

 The bottom half of the bag is treated with beeswax. This helps to keep the bag's form and gives it a lovely worn in look as seen above. The nice thing about the beeswax is you can spruce up the bag quick with a blowdryer and the fabric goes back to a uniform color!
This photo makes me want to move to Scotland and drink tea and wear big woolly sweaters! Jenanne assures me the bag is ergonomically sound when worn over one shoulder.
 The lining is tweed and has several compartments for little booklets and pens to write down your melancholic feelings as you wander the moors.

Thanks Jenanne!  <3 <3 <3


P.S. Jenanne is a crafty lady as well! Check out some of her jewellery pieces here. I own a few pieces and I always get compliments on them!


1 comment:

jenanne said...

yay, i'm glad you like the photos! (and i enjoy your captions. please come here & wear woolly sweaters and drink tea with me in the rain!)

& thanks for promoting my treasures, too. you are sweet!