Monday, April 09, 2012

She is the slayer.

Rule #1 of blogging: never promise a post when you don't already have a draft written. Sorry it has taken me so long team! 

I have been having a sewing and Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathon this weekend! (Currently watching Season 2, the one about monsters on the swim team, IN CASE you were interested). The Royal Bison is less than a month away and I anticipate this is how I'll be spending my free time until then. It's a good life, I can't lie.

How about some updates on what I've been doing in the "studio"?


 These beauties are destined to be come the cutest little earrings you ever did see. They are tiny crocheted hearts made of cotton and treated with beeswax to firm them up.
They'll be on surgical steel posts so they'll be allergy friendly too! You'll probably want to collect all the colours.

I'm waiting for my photography assistant (who is currently on tour with Colleen Brown!) to come back and help take some better photos of this bag. I am pretty happy with it, and this doesn't exactly do it justice:
Introducing the Quiver bag! It features a beeswax treated bottom half and faux suede top half. It closes with a drawstring at the top that is attached to the strap. The bag is fully lined with a phone pocket and key loop on the inside. I have summer on the brain and think this bag will be perfect for those who like to bike in style, as it can be worn on one shoulder or across the chest.

That is all for now! Let me know what you think, or share some links to your crafty projects in the comments, (or leave some suggestions for what to have on in the studio when I run out of Buffy episodes...)

Hope you're all well and enjoying the spring!

xoxoxo
Kaitlin

No comments: