Saturday, March 16, 2013

Crochet and Kitties!

Most crafty or handy people can probably attest to the fact that losing track of time while you're working with your hands can be a wonderfully meditative experience. I find actual relaxation/deep breathing meditation extremely difficult. I can't get past refocusing every 30 seconds as my mind bounces from task to task I need to get done that day. Crocheting is my substitute!

I really enjoy getting lost in counting stitches and letting my hands take over with muscle memory when I'm using a familiar pattern. I currently have a whole rainbow of colors in teeny tiny crochet thread sitting in a basket and I want to use them all!


Here are some of the crochet cuffs that I've been working on and plan to sell this Spring/Summer. The cuffs are crocheted out of cotton thread, treated with beeswax to maintain their shape, and close with two small snaps on the end.




I plan to use much more crochet in my wares over the next few months, including some fun trim on summery tops and applique pockets on bags. Coming soon!

Salvaged and Sewn's resident kitty, Maude, helped/hindered me in the 'studio' today. She's really into lace for Spring.

-Salvaged and Sewn

No comments: