Sunday, March 04, 2012

experiments in beeswax





I am currently taking applications for Salvaged and Sewn models. I will pay you in tacos and hugs.

If you can get past my inability to look "fierce" and "smize" here, you might notice my latest experiment with crochet and beeswax there on my wrist.

Finally in beeswax I have found the perfect medium to harden my crochet projects! No longer will I have to try to keep a straight face when I buy this product from the respectable looking ladies at the craft store:



...

Here is my beeswax and crochet cuff experiment up close:
(I'm pretty proud of it)



The cuff is super comfortable and pliable and the shape can easily be adjusted using a blow dryer or an iron and some parchment paper. 


Future plans include much thinner cuffs in different crochet motifs and possibly some chain and beeswaxed crochet necklaces.



I might just try dipping everything I can in beeswax...it smells so good!


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Kaitlin

1 comment:

J-Me said...

<3 The cuffs are super adorable! If you need models like I need an excuse to come visit, then pick me!